Grant application process
This is the regular grant application process which can slightly change in certain cases. After the submission of the proposal, the steps include pre-quality checks, Project Committee meeting, decision, and tripartite contract. Please find below a more detailed explanation.
5 Steps of the application process
1. Proposal submission
- Submission of proposals on a rolling basis (submit at least six weeks ahead of the planned project start date).
2. Pre-quality checks
- Project pre-quality check is conducted by an SCBF member with relevant subject matter expertise.
- A three member project committee is selected (consisting of two SCBF private sector members and one SDC representative).
- The Secretariat ensures completeness of the application and sends the pre-checked proposal to the project committee and the SCBF Finance Officer.
3. Project Committee meeting
- Project committee members submit their assessment of the proposal to the Secretariat confidentially prior to the project committee meeting.
- The Finance Officer assesses the financials of the proposal and provides feedback prior to the Project Committee meeting.
- The Project Committee discusses the project in a closed meeting (grant application is not circulated outside the project committee).
- The Secretariat informs the grantee of the outcome of the Project Committee meeting.
- Tripartite contracts are signed by the applicant and the financial sector partner(s).