Fundraising Specialist (80 – 100%)
Starting Date: ASAP | Place: Zürich, Switzerland (or remote)
There are no vacancies at the moment.
Thank you for your inquiry about employment opportunities at SCBF.
Headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland, the Swiss Capacity Building Facility (SCBF) is a public-private platform in the field of financial inclusion. Established in 2011, SCBF has supported over 188 projects globally with technical assistance grants to help financial service providers develop client-centric financial products and services for low-income people in emerging and developing countries.
SCBF is launching its 2030 strategy focused on supporting high-impact social enterprises and financial sector partners in inclusive finance. As such, SCBF is seeking a highly motivated and skilled fundraising specialist to join our team. The incumbent will work closely with and report to the Chief Executive Officer and the role will be performance based and will be evaluated on achievement of funds raised.
- Develop and execute comprehensive fundraising strategies to secure financial support from various sources, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and other potential donors.
- Cultivate and expand a strong network of potential donors, partners, and stakeholders to increase funding opportunities.
- Conduct research and identify potential funding prospects that align with our organization’s mission and objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing and potential donors, providing them with compelling information about our initiative and impact.
- Plan and organize fundraising events and campaigns to engage the donor community and raise awareness about our cause.
- Collaborate with the CEO and the small team of 3 to 5 members to align fundraising efforts with overall organizational objectives.
- Keep track of fundraising progress, prepare reports, and present updates to the CEO and the board.
- Proven track record in successful fundraising, with a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role, preferably within the impact investing, financial inclusion or non-profit sector.
- Have private sector experience, a strong commercial mindset and with a good balance between financial acumen and impact.
- A strong and extensive network of potential donors and contacts in the impact investment and financial inclusion community.
- Excellent communication and persuasion skills, with the ability to articulate our mission and initiatives to inspire potential donors.
- Adept at developing and executing creative fundraising strategies to achieve set financial targets.
- Demonstrated passion for impact investing, inclusive finance and advancing sustainable development goals.
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, flexible and reliable with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to work independently and maintain a consistent high level of productivity.
- Self-motivated and proactive, capable of working autonomously and taking the initiative to explore new fundraising opportunities.
- Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with people from different nationalities and cultural backgrounds.
- Good understanding of the global financial inclusion context, the market development of inclusive insurance and banking sectors in developing and emerging countries and the related roles of development funders and impact investors is desirable.
- Languages: excellent written and spoken working language proficiency in English. Good working language proficiency in German or French is highly desirable.
Join us in making a significant difference in the world through inclusive finance. As the Fundraising Specialist, you will play a crucial role in driving our mission forward, creating lasting positive change. If you are a driven and passionate individual with a strong fundraising background and a commitment to driving impact, we encourage you to apply and be a part of our exciting journey.
What we offer
- Work for an organisation with a strong social mission.
- Variety of tasks with a high level of independence.
- Opportunity to develop knowledge and experience in the financial inclusion sector.
- Attractive location in Zurich with a possibility to work remotely.
- Competitive salary with an additional benefit to pursue professional development in financial inclusion.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining our team to email@example.com as soon as possible. Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis.